Pages

Followers

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Let's Take It Back A Little

 
 
Pinned Image
 
 
For a while now, I have been reminiscing about my time spent studying abroad in London. Tesco chocolate croissant's, Pims, Pret A Manger, Trafalgar Square, Camden Markets, are all things England that I miss. I studied abroad in the summer of 2008. I had just finished my junior year of college and was ready to embark on a new adventure. It took me a while to actually grow some balls and sign up for a study abroad program, but once I did, it was all fun and excitement from there on.
 
I lived in the Chelsea district of London (one of the most affluent areas) and was nearby all of the must-sees of the city. I went not knowing a single person, which uped my anxiety level beyond belief, but I ended up leaving with 15 amazing friends. While there, I went to "school" (more like hour long lectures followed by hours of free time) and worked on a project that focused on the criminal justice system of London. I definitely learned a lot and even convinced myself that I one day would be a Londoner (I still plan on it).
 
While I was there, I was fortunate enough to go to Barcelona, Spain for 2 days and Belgium for 4 days. BEST TIME EVER. Words cannot express how much I love Europe. The people, culture, art, and architecture captivated me.
 
Ugh, just writing this makes me want to hop on a plane and go back.
 
 
My time spent studying abroad is by far my favorite experience of my college career. I would do anything to go back and relive those 5 amazing weeks. I was 20 years old, naive as can be, trecking Europe like I was some type of explorer, and spending every (literally) penny I had. I wish I had signed up for a longer program to really get to see more of Europe and all its glory. I was worried that 5 weeks would be too much time spent away from my friends and family [and boyfriend at the time...which didn't end up working out. We actually broke up the day I got back from London] and that I would be a home sick mess. The complete opposite happened - I was free. I had a new country to call my home with new people to meet and share stories. It was the best time a 20 year old girl could have.
 
I recently got in contact with my friends, Neha & Ivy, who were also part of my study abroad program, and we have made plans to see each other and catch up. I am ecstatic about our upcoming reunion since I have not seen them in about 3 years!
 
Here are some pictures from that time:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Belgium
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment