Pages

Followers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ask And I Shall Answer

 
Good morning to all! I had the hardest time getting out of bed this morning and eventhough I slept pretty well, I still woke up beyond tired. I did, however, have an awesome dream that me and all of my friends and family were back in Jamaica. I'm guessing I had the dream because exactly a year ago, I was in Jamaica for my brother's wedding. Oh, how I wish I could go back.
 
Anyway, enough ranting. Linking up with Breanna & Co. today:
 
1. What is your favorite season?
SUMMER! I love, love, love, LOVE summer. For one, my birthday is in August and the weather is always fabulous for doing something. Secondly, living in Chicago means about 8 months of pure cold. I hate it. Fall is whatever to me, winter is brutal, spring may as well be winter with less snow, and let's not even talk about the blizzard of 2011:
 
 
 
Yes, summer in Chicago can also be brutal with temperatures reaching 100+ and the humidity being out of control, but I absolutely love summertime Chi. Throw me some sunscreen and a bikini and I am one very, very happy girl.   
 
 
2.  Talk about a moment that changed your life.

I have 2 for this.
 
1. Living and studying abroad in London for 5 weeks. It gave me the freedom and independence that I needed and wanted at just 20 years old. The entire experience also toughened me up A LOT. Nothing like being thousands of miles away from your friends and family to put your life in perspective.
 
2. Being diagnosed with Endometriosis and having surgery because of it. I had surgery on June 4, 2012 and was officially diagnosed with the terrible disease that day. While it changed my life, I finally got the answers as to why I had been in excrutiating pain for so long. Testing with police departments has been my way of not letting this disease get to me. Having Endometriosis can significantly effect physical activity and doing strenous jobs - instead of moping around for having Endo, I chose to pursue my dream and got off the couch and began to train (physically and mentally) as hard as I could to achieve what I want the most. A big middle finger to Endometriosis.
 
 
3. If you could be any crayola crayon color, what would you be and why?
 
Pinned Image
 
Fire Engine Red because it's loud, bright and fesity just like me ;)
 
4. Describe yourself as a superhero: Superpower? Name? Sidekick

 
I would be the legit female equivelant to Batman swearing revenge on criminals. The only superpower I would want would be to fly. Batgirl needs to get around fast! As far as my sidekick goes, I'd have to rely on my girls, Karla & Vanessa, because both of them are some badass females always ready to kick some ass.
 

5. If you had all the money in the world and could only shop at 3 stores, where would you shop!?

 
1. H&M
 
2. Lululemon
 
3. Nordstrom 
 
 
 
<3 Steph
 

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for another summer gal!

    So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but glad you know what was bothering you.

    Go get em batgirl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also picked H&M! I love your life changing answer and your attitude towards the disease - very inspiring :) Thanks for linking up with us this month! xo

    ReplyDelete