Pages

Followers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Week 3

As I mentioned in my first post, I am HORRIBLE at keeping up with things. My posts have been lacking and I am determined to post more. However, I see that not many people read this lol. But that's ok, in due time.

So I am at the end of my third week with my recovery process from my surgery and I am feeling much better. I had a bit of a setback last week with a pretty bad asthma attack and some other issues, but I am back on my recovery path. This 100+ degree weather isn't helping my asthma but at least I have it under control.

{How much can a girl go through in a month?! Jeez!}


I had my follow up with my Dr. yesterday and per the usual, I was a nervous wreck beforehand. My Dr. had told me the day after my surgery that one of the treatment options for endo would be the Lupron shot. I did extensive research on this shot and was completely horrified from what I read, so I immediately decided against it. I was afraid that my Dr. would be upset with me not wanting to follow through with his recommendation and already had a speech prepared as to why I was uncomfortable with it, but luckily, he was completely understanding. Made me feel SO much better. We discussed other treatments, such as the birth control pill, other surgeries, etc. I told him about the acupuncture and herbs I had been doing/taking a month prior to the surgery and mentioned how it had helped with the pain. Again, he was very understanding and even said that he welcomed any type of medicine that brought relief to his patients - my anxiety virtually disappeared after he said this.

He decided to let me do a 2 month trial of acupuncture and herbs and see how I feel. If things do not improve, he recommended I go on a low dose birth control pill (which I would ultimately like to avoid). Also, I was informed that the endo was only found on my right ovary and pelvic lining, it had not spread to other organs, very minimal adhesions were found, and that it appeared to be the beginning stages so he classfied it as Stage I (GOOD NEWS!). I was under the impression that it would have been more severe and would be classified as Stage III-IV. My goal is to find a regimen that will allow it to only stay in Stage I and not have it grow or implant elsewhere in my body.

I've read about Endo diets, and to be honest, I'm a bit uncertain on them. For one, I LOVE FOOD. Now, I'm not saying that I pig out and eat anything in sight (i had college for that), but I do not believe that we as human beings have to restrict our bodies from every little single thing that is marked as "bad." I've definitely chenged my diet over the past 9 months, more whole grains, more veggies, less sodium and sugar, LOTS AND LOTS of water, and herbs/supplements. I believe that with proper portion control and good nutritional knowledge, I'll be ok and not be limited to only eating legumes, lettuce, and water :)

That's all for now. I will update sometime {soon} ;)


<3 Steph 

No comments:

Post a Comment