Pages

Followers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Slowly, but Surely

 It's been almost a week since my last post, here is an update:

I am on my second day of work after beeing off for 2 weeks. I can't even remember the last time I was off for that long, possibly 2007 when I was still in school and not working full time.
Oh, the memories.

Anyway, work is going well thus far. Taking it easy before I have to put in my overtime hours (can't wait for that) and sifting through all the e-mails that everyone and their mother sent me while I was gone. Luckily, Vanessa and Karla did a fabulous job at keeping up with everything so it hasn't been too hectic.

The recovery process is still going. I'm still achy, tender, and in pain, but it's getting better day by day. However, the pain was excrutiating on Sunday, I could barely walk because the pain was so strong. Fortunately, it's gotten better. It scares me to even think about what my insides are going through while they try to recover.

I am also back at my apartment in Chicago and Karla has been taking care of me. She's been a doll at looking out for me. I know my mom and dad were beyond worried to see me go, and I had the worst anxiety once I left their home. There's no place better than being home with mom and dad. One thing I definitely miss are the home cooked meals. Home cooked Mexican meals are the BEST.

My boyfriend's mom has also been super sweet throughout my recovery process. She and I have talked a lot about my condition and she's even sent me information regarding treatment options for the endometriosis. I'm very thankful for having support from so many people in my life. It's hard to have someone understand just how much pain you're in when on the outside you appear to be physically fine.

Oh how looks can be deceiving.

It's almost lunch time and I can't wait to get out and get some sun. I think the surgery, medicine, and being indoors for 2 weeks sucked all the color out of me. So that's something I'll be working on this summer.

Hasta Luego.

<3 Steph








No comments:

Post a Comment